Mayweather Wants To Fight Me – Pacquiao

Mayweather
Mayweather and Pacquiao/skysports.com

Manny Pacquiao says he has spoken with Floyd Mayweather about a possible sequel to their 2015 superfight, but said no decision would be taken on a rematch until the New Year.

Speaking in New York to confirm details of his January 19 fight against Adrien Broner, Pacquiao said he had discussed a rematch with Mayweather during a recent trip to Japan.

“When I met up with Floyd in Japan, we talked and he said he wants to come out of retirement to challenge me,” Pacquiao said.

“All I know is fighting in the ring and entertaining people. That’s my job. Floyd has come out of retirement and we’ll see after this fight.”

Mayweather scored a unanimous victory over Pacquiao in 2015’s ‘Fight of the Century’, which was largely regarded as a let-down despite being the highest-grossing fight of all time.

Since then, speculation about a possible rematch between the two welterweights has flickered, with Mayweather saying in September he was ready to fight Pacquiao.

“I’m coming back to fight Manny Pacquiao this year another 9 figure payday on the way,” Mayweather wrote on Instagram.

Pacquiao, who will be fighting in the United States for the first time in two years in January’s bout, said Monday he remained solely focused on Broner before any return with Mayweather.

“We cannot underestimate Broner and this fight,” Pacquiao said. “We will discuss anything with Floyd Mayweather after that.”

Pacquiao, 39, will face Broner at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.

Pacquiao, 60-7 with two drawn and 39 knockouts in a career that began in 1995, turns 40 in December while American Broner is 33-3 with one drawn and 24 knockouts.

TRENDING NOW   “I Am Not God, Stop Using My Pictures On Souvenirs” – Pastor Adeboye

The post Mayweather Wants To Fight Me – Pacquiao appeared first on Concise News.

Click for the original story, photos or videos

Search anything here