APIN Public Health Initiatives is a non-governmental donor-funded organization dedicated to the prevention, treatment, care and support of diseases of public health importance in Nigeria, including
HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria, among others. APIN works in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, United States Center for Disease Control (CDC), as well as the Global Fund to fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria in Nigeria. We seek to recruit qualified persons to fill critical positions necessary for programme implementation. We offer professionals opportunities for career advancement, a good working environment and competitive remuneration.
We are seeking qualified candidates to assume the vacant position below:
Job Title: Program Officer
Duration of Contract: 18 months fixed term
Project: Global Fund_HIV- KP
ADVERTISE YOUR PRODUCTS, SERVICES, BLOGS OR SOCIAL MEDIA PAGES at an affordable fee – Email at [email protected] for enquiries
Advertise your services here.
ADS: Get your customised e-cards for birthday wishes, Xmas/New Year, romantic messages and ad banners for N500 only. Click here to see photos.
ADS: Skyrocket your website on Google Search with 150 DoFollow Blog Comments Backlinks for N3500 only. Click to chat.
ADS: Get a beautiful blog or website from N35,000. Click here for details and see our previous works.
- This position will report to the Program Manager at the Head Office.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating the implementation prevention services for Key Population (FSW, MSM, TG and PWID) in four (4) states.
- S/He will track program activities and ensure implementation is carried out according to work plan.
- S/He will provide technical support to the program team to ensure 100% target achievement according to program design.
- S/He will support the Program Manager to ensure all deliverables for the project are met
Qualifications and Experience
- Must possess first degree in Social or Behavioural & Medical Sciences or related discipline.
- Possession of Master’s Degree in Public Health or related field would be added advantage.
- Must have minimum of five (5) years’ experience in the field of HIV prevention for KPs (FSW, MSM, TG and PWID)
- Demonstrated understanding, experience and competency in working with HIV KP community-led organizations and KP community leaders.
- Strong technical and programmatic knowledge and experience in prevention activities for KPs, HIV testing and linkage to care.
- Knowledge of Global Fund projects, regulations, compliance and reporting requirements is added advantage.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of integrity.
- Must possess good relationship management/ advocacy skills.
- Must possess good report writing, presentation, data interpretation skills.
Application Closing Date
4th August, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Applicants will be required to attach a CV with a Suitability Statement that states how their skills, knowledge and experience make them suitable, and indicating the person specifications highlighted above for the position.
- Suitability Statement should not exceed a page and must appear on the first page of the CV, contained in one document.
- Late applications will not be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.